One down, one to go…

One down, one to go…

Yesterday was the Girl’s appointment to take the SAT. This meant getting up early, taking Hubby to work early then on to the technical college, dropping her off for the big event. She had the cell phone, which I rather regretted later. Went home, napped, and restarted the day around 11ish. She called just before 1 for pick up.

On the way back home, I filled the gas tank about halfway. Though I’d used cash, the pump wanted to charge me the credit price per gallon. I called for help and the people inside switched it back. But I was glad I insisted on the proper price; by the time I picked up the Girl, gas prices had risen 8 cents across the board – so the credit card price was now the cash price! Whew!

I regretted the Girl having the cell phone when Hubby was so late coming home. He found he needed help during the day and had no way to call in at the appropriate time. So he got little help, and was back to the station far too late. He was mad at himself for it, and his supervisor wasn’t too happy either. It’s made me think that we should invest in a second cell phone.

The niece’s graduation was nice, though there were quite a few people who disrupted it with loud calls – and promptly got up to leave before they were thrown out. One guy used an air horn, which was expressly verboten. I hope he got charged with disturbing an event or something. I got to meet the SIL’s mother and sister that day, and her step-sister and the step-sister’s daughter. Nice folks! The mom was very impressed with my kids, especially the Girl. The party on Friday was nice; I sat outside with them in the shade (they’re all smokers, so my bro set up a table with comfy chairs and umbrella on his back deck for them). It wasn’t too uncomfortable; the worst humidity was over though it was still very hot. The five-cup salad went over really well, too!

Report cards came in yesterday. Boy #1 is the only one who got straight As. Boy #2 had one B, the Girl had two As, one C and the rest Bs. I’m okay with it, for the most part, though Boy #2’s B bothers me a bit because he could have had an A if he’d passed in his work on time during the first quarter!

Today, I slept in until 11ish, and I’ve spent a good part of the day avoiding the empty file I opened to write in. I know what I want to write, I think, once I figure out how to set the stage. But it’s just the actual writing… I can’t seem to get started. All I want to do is read!

%d bloggers like this: