Almost caught up.

Current word count is 7877. Not quite the 8333 listed for day 5, but nearly caught up. I have a bit over 2000 to reach 10K, which is Sunday’s goal.

Had a really well-attended write-in at a coffee house in Simpsonville. Thirteen people (other than myself) were there. One drawback: we couldn’t get online. This isn’t normally a problem but when you’re supposed to be having a virtual write-in for every physical one, you’re not sure just who you’re disappointing. I did get into the zone, even if my spelling and other writerly mechanics suffered mightily for it. When I have some time, I need to look into the physiology and anatomy of various reptiles (and a few amphibians). My fire drakes are based largely on our reptiles, along with some of the traditional dragon, wyvern, and wurm body types, on a world where no reptiles have existed up until now. I think this is going to be the most difficult of my three books simply because I’m throwing a lot more science and pseudo-science into it.

Hm. I’ll either talk about my newest character, Lucanthea, or I’ll talk about some of the social structures I’ve set up in this world.

Oh, I got the nicest NaNo mail from one of my Wrimos thanking me for my recent regional pep talk! Gave me the warm fuzzies, so it did!